Seven Family Friendly Things to do in Chicago
As we all know this the time when families take vacations and what better place to visit then my city Chicago. Chicago is filled with culture, great food and family fun. Down below I have a list of seven things that are family friendly and inexpensive.
1. Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Tour Riding a tour bus allows you and your family to explore some of the city's top landmarks and tourist attractions. And with the Hop-On Hop-Off tour, you will have a live guide that explains the history of the city. I've personally experienced the tour and it was awesome. I loved it and I can't wait to take my family.
2. Food Festivals Like I've said before, Chicago has great food. One of our longest running and biggest food festival is the Taste of Chicago. We also have Ribfest, Food Truck Fest, and Jerk Fest among a few. in addition, these festivals usually have musical guests.
** Speaking of food, you have to try Chicago classics such as Giordano's, Portillos, Garrett Popcorn, and a southside favorite, Harold's Chicken. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! **
3. Movies in the park It's a summer favorite! Hosted by the Chicago Park District, bring your blanket or lawn chair and enjoy a free movie in the park. And free popcorn is included.
4. Navy Pier The pier is a Chicago favorite. Open year-round, Navy Pier offers attractions, food, a children's museum, seasonal events, and fireworks on designated days. Your family will definitely enjoy the pier!
5. Maggie Daley Park One of our newest parks which is mostly free, with a few paid attractions. But honestly, there is so much to do that I wouldn't pay for a thing. From one mom to another, save your money.
6. Lincoln Park Zoo It's a free zoo here in the city. However, you do pay for parking. This zoo is the perfect size for you and family to enjoy.
7. Riverwalk You can take your family on a relaxing walk around the river and get a beautiful view of the city. If you're hungry stop and grab a bite to eat.
This sums up my list let know are you traveling below and where.
Until next time stay Chic